CALL FOR FULL PAPERS
The Research Centre in Architecture, Urban Landscape and Design (CIAUD) of the Faculty of Architecture of Lisbon University, the Centre for Humanities (CHAM) of the Faculty of Social Sciences and Humanities, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, and the Faculty of Architecture of Porto University (FA-UP), invite the academic community to contribute in the new format of the INTERNATIONAL AND MULTIDISCIPLINARY CONGRESS PHI 2021: “CREATING THROUGH MIND AND EMOTIONS” in order to promote the scientific debate on its diverse cultural, social and artistic manifestations.
All submitted papers must be related to the Congress theme.
- The proposals of full papers will undergo a double-blind peer review.
- All full papers must be written/submitted in Standard American English.
- The deadline to submit the full paper, including its abstract and keywords, is 31st March 2021 (first call). The Second Call starts on April 1st and ends on April 30th. NO PAPER WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER April 30th, 2021.
- All files should be submitted to the official platform (HERE)
- The Scientific Committee will send the acceptance of communications, based on the double-blind peer-review system, until the end of MAY 2021.
- The articles MUST contain an original reflection on the concepts “CREATING THROUGH MIND AND EMOTIONS. “
- A short curriculum, up to 100 words, from the proposer must be submitted as well.
- The Full Paper document must include its abstract and keywords and must be submitted as Microsoft Word and PDF.
- All files must be identified with the author’s name and content (ex: a.silva_paper.doc; a.silva_paper.pdf)
NOTE: Regardless of the scientific relevance of the paper presented, it will not be accepted if it fails linguistic quality. The Organizing Committee will not be responsible for any linguistic revision. Therefore, all authors are responsible for the correction of their texts BEFORE SUBMITTING them.
- The abstract must sum up the full paper’s key aspects, highlighting the conclusions and goals. At the end of the Abstract, keywords must be selected to provide a clear and easy search. Abstracts’ maximum length will be between 200 and 220 words; 1.550 characters, including blank spaces.
- Maximum paper size: the full paper (including abstract, pictures (only in shades of grey), tables, charts, quotes, notes, and bibliography) MUST not exceed 8 (eight) pages and should not have less than 4 (four) pages. Papers must be formatted according to the template and follow the instructions provided. The maximum number of images per article is 4 (four).
- Depending on the nature of the work, figures may be embedded in the text or incorporated at the end. The maximum number of pictures per document is (4) four Figures (only greyscale) must be numbered sequentially. A concise caption must be provided. Tables and Graphics will be added to the text the same way as the images. The Full Paper must not exceed 8 (eight) pages formatted according to the given template and the instructions. Any additional page will be subject to an extra charge.
- Quotations and Bibliographical References must follow APA style.
- Each author may not propose more than 2 (two) papers.
To submit the MINI CV and ABSTRACT/FULL PAPER, click HERE.
For any questions or doubts, please contact:
Phone: (+351) 215 870 926
The papers accepted for presentation are published as chapters of a volume with the same title as the Conference. The PHI e-book (PHI Series https://www.crcpress.com/PHI/book-series/PHII) is published by Taylor & Francis as a CHAM production. It will indicate as sponsors the following academic and scientific organizations: FCT, FAUL, and UNL.
The Series is indexed in CrossRef and EBSCO and is under evaluation by Scopus and Web of Science.
The link to CHAM and RUN - Repository of Universidade Nova de Lisboa: https://run.unl.pt/simple-search?query=CHAM and also be accessible through http://eds.a.ebscohost.com/eds/search/basic?vid=3&sid=5b3546aa-c5ff-4383-957f-1e08966ff975%40sessionmgr4007
PHI’S NEW PROCEDURE: All participants who have paid the registration fee will receive a copy of the book in digital format during the congress. All authors with accepted paper must sign a declaration accepting common creative license (CC BY 4.0), authorizing Taylor & Francis to sell the paper commercially.
CALL ATENTION: The book’s printed version can be purchased at the Congress with a significant discount on the retail price.