CALL FOR FULL PAPERS
The Centre for Humanities (CHAM) of the Faculty of Social Sciences, and Humanities, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, the School of Architecture of the Lisbon University (FAUL) and the Seville School of Architecture– University of Seville (ETSAS-US), invite the academic community to contribute to the INTERNATIONAL AND MULTIDISCIPLINARY CONGRESS PHI 2023: “CREATION, TRANSFORMATION AND METAMORPHOSIS” in order to promote the scientific debate on its diverse cultural, social and artistic manifestations.
All submitted papers must be related to the Congress theme.
- The proposals of full papers will undergo a double-blind peer review.
- All full papers must be written/submitted in Standard American English.
- The deadline to submit the full paper, including its abstract and keywords, is 28 February 2023 (first call). The Second Call starts on March 1st and ends on March 31. NO PAPER WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER MARCH 31ST, 2023.
- All files should be submitted to the official platform.
- The Scientific Committee will send the acceptance of communications, based on the double-blind peer-review system, until the end of April 2022.
- The final full version of the accepted papers must be resubmitted no later than May 30, 2023. After this day the papers will not be included in the book.
- The articles MUST contain an original reflection on the concepts “CREATION, TRANSFORMATION AND METAMORPHOSIS.”
- The Full Papers must be original, not previously published or submitted to other scientific meeting, and must follow the congress template format and the instructions.
- A short curriculum, up to 100 words, from the proposer must be submitted as well.
- The Full Paper document must include its abstract and keywords and must be submitted in Microsoft Word and PDF.
- All files must be identified with the author’s name and content (ex: a.silva_paper.doc; a.silva_paper.pdf)
NOTE: Regardless of the scientific relevance of the paper presented, it will not be accepted if it fails linguistic quality. The Organizing Committee will not be responsible for any linguistic revision. Therefore, all authors are responsible for the correction of their texts BEFORE SUBMITTING them.
- The abstract must sum up the full paper’s key aspects, highlighting the conclusions and goals. At the end of the Abstract, keywords must be selected to provide a clear and easy search. Abstracts’ maximum length will be between 200 and 220 words; 1.550 characters, including blank spaces.
- Maximum paper size: the full paper (including abstract, pictures (only in shades of grey), tables, charts, quotes, notes, and bibliography) MUST not exceed 8 (eight) pages and should not have less than 4 (four) pages. Papers must be formatted according to the template and follow the instructions provided. The maximum number of images per article is 4 (four).
- Depending on the nature of the work, figures may be embedded in the text or incorporated at the end. The Figures (only greyscale) must be numbered sequentially. A concise caption must be provided. Tables and Graphics will be added to the text the same way as the images. The Full Paper must not exceed 8 (eight) pages formatted according to the given template and the instructions. Any additional page will be subject to an extra charge.
- Quotations and Bibliographical References must follow APA style.
- Each author may not propose more than 2 (two) papers.
To submit the MINI CV and ABSTRACT/FULL PAPER, click HERE.
For any questions or doubts, please contact: