Call for Papers
The Research Centre for Architecture, Urban Landscape and Design (CIAUD) of the Faculty of Architecture of the University of Lisbon (FA-ULisboa), the Centre for Humanities (CHAM) of the Faculdade de Ciências Sociais e Humanas of the Universidade Nova de Lisboa – Universidade dos Açores (FCSH-UNL-UAç), invite the academic community to contribute to the INTERNATIONAL AND MULTIDISCIPLINARY CONGRESS PHI 2018: “MODERNITY: FRONTIERS AND REVOLUTIONS” in order to promote the scientific debate on its diverse cultural, social and artistic manifestations.
The complete papers and abstracts are evaluated by the Scientific Committee who will act, alongside with other scholars as double-blind peer review.
- Maximum article size: the full article (including abstract, pictures (only in shades of grey), tables, charts, quotes, notes and bibliography) should not exceed 8 pages and should not be less than 4 pages. Paper must be formatted according to the template provided. The maximum number of Images per article is 4 (four).
- The deadline to submit a full paper, abstract and keywords will be January 31st, 2018.
- The answer from the Scientific Committee on the acceptance of communications, based on the double blind peer-review system will be sent by the end of February 2018.
- Each author may not propose more than 2 papers.
Requirements for abstract / full paper submission:
The Full Papers must be original, not having been previously published or submitted to any other scientific meeting, and must be identified with:
Abstracts and Full Papers are to be written in Standard British English. Regardless of the scientific relevance of the paper submitted, it will not be accepted if its fails linguistic quality. The Organising Committee will not be responsible for any linguistic revision. Therefore, all authors are responsible for the revision of their texts prior to its sending.
The Abstracts must summarize the key aspects of the full paper, highlighting the conclusions and goals of the paper. At the end of the Abstract, keywords must be selected in order to provide a clear and easy search. Abstracts maximum length will be between 200 and 220 words; 1.550 characters including blank spaces.
The Full Paper (including Abstract, Images, Tables, Graphics, Quotations, Notes and Bibliographical References) must be written according to the provided template in Microsoft® Office Word format and after that save as a PDF document. Each document cannot exceed 6 Mb.
• All files must be identified with the author’s name and content (ex: a.silva_paper.doc; a.silva_curriculum.doc)
Depending on the nature of the work, figures may be embedded in the text or incorporated at the end of the paper. The maximum number of figures per paper is four (4). Figures (only greyscale) must be sequentially numbered. A concise caption must be provided. Tables and Graphics will be added to the text the same way as the images. The Full Paper must not exceed 8 pages formatted according to the given template (any additional pages will be subject to an extra charge).
• Quotations and Bibliographical References must follow Harvard style.
The papers accepted for presentation will be published as chapters in a volume that will have the same title as the Conference. The book will be published as CHAM production and it will indicate as sponsors the following academic and scientific organizations: FCT, CIAUD-FAUL, UNL, plus other sponsors that join the event until June 2018. All accepted papers shall be published in book format with ISBN code indexed send to the most important scientific databases, such as Thomson Reuters, ISI, Web of Knowledge, Web of Science, ELSEVIER Products, SCOPUS, CrossRef, ProQuest, EBESCO.
All participants will receive a copy of this publication during the congress. All authors with accepted paper must sign a declaration according to common creative licence and renounce individual copyrights, though retaining the right to publish freely the ‘Accepted Manuscript’ version.